Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taking a break

A thing. Attached to a post.


Today the internet is making me inexplicably angry, frustrated and jaded.

I take that as a sign that I should take a break. A real break. Not a break where I "plan" to do some real relaxing, stressing out because I don't make my relaxation peaceful enough.

I'm just going to drop all the expectations I hold for my self and be a shlub. Do nothing but what I want to. Maybe get dressed. Maybe sit with my feet barefoot in the grass. Maybe I'll have some canned soup. I don't really know, but I'm getting out of here. And I'm not going to make any of it important.

When's the last time you took a break and stopped asking for things from yourself?

1 comment:

KrisP said...

Today!! When my daughter is at preschool, I usually run around frantically for those 2 1/2 hours trying to get everything done. Today I was really tired and actually put my head down and napped. Part of me started to feel guilty and then I told that part to be quiet and just enjoy it. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...